Pages

Thursday 8 October 2020

Build a Sundial!

Today I built a sundial, it was hard because I didn't have enough cardboard cause I used it on the super column. I had to make the sundial a lot smaller. You start by cutting a 11 centimeter string then you grab some blue tac and roll it up as a small ball. Then stick your string on to the bluetac then stick the blue tack onto the cardboard then grab a pencil and hold the string and make a circle. I struggled with why it looks like a really bad circle. Then you cut out the circle with a pair of scissors and also draw a 11 centimeter triangle then cut it out. Once that's finished you grab your rolled up blue tack and glue it to the middle of the cardboard circle then grab your tringle and stick it on. After that you mark where the shadow of the triangle is on the cardboard circle. I learned that in ancient times that's how they tracked the time of the day by using the sun.

You will need
Blue Tack
-
Cardboard
-
Scissors
-
11 CM string
-
Pencil


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.