Pages

Wednesday 8 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey//Day 5// Week 4//Dancing Queens

DAY 5: DANCING QUEENS

Activity 1: The World of Hip Hop [4 points]

Parris Goebel has taken over the world of dance! You might already have heard of her as she is pretty famous in New Zealand and around the world.

Parris was born in Manurewa, South Auckland, and she is of Samoan/Chinese/Scottish descent. Parris loved dancing when she was very little and she began hip-hop lessons when she was 10. By the age of 15 she was so good that she started her own all-girl dance crew called ReQuest, and they went on to win several first places at the World Hip-Hop Championships.

Parris later started The Palace Dance Studio in Auckland, and formed five more dance crews that won competitions worldwide. She has also worked as a choreographer for famous musicians like Justin Beiber, Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, and Janet Jackson. In 2019, Parris and her new dance crew, The Royal Family, won the World Hip Hop Dance Championship.

For this activity, watch this video of their award winning performance. What do you like about the performance? What did the dance crew do well? What could they work on?

On your blog, write a review of The Royal Family performance. Please talk about the dance, dancers, costumes, and the music. What did you like? What didn’t you like as much? What do you think could have been improved?

So I liked everything there pink clothing matched the song and also how they dance the dancers are very good they can time everything on the correct time their choreography is amazing if I tried doing that I would probably end up injured there dance moves timing and everything must have cost a lot of practices. It's also a massive group of dancers that work hard together to perfect their dance moves. It would be a hard job to be a leader of a group that massive. 







Activity 2: En Pointe [4 points]

Most successful ballerinas start learning ballet when they are very young - 3 or 4 years old. World famous ballerina, Misty Copeland, wasn’t like most other girls. Instead of starting at age 3, she started ballet lessons at age 13!

By 14, Misty had won a national competition for ballet dancers. She continued to work very hard and, in 2015, she became the first African Amercian principal (lead) dancer of the Amercian Ballet Theatre - this is amazing because there were, and still are, very few African American ballet dancers in the country. When interviewed, Misty has said that she would like people to be able to “see dreams through me”. This is an example of an inspirational quote. Please click on this link to read more inspirational quotes.

For this activity, please choose your favourite inspirational quote from this website. Create a text graphic using this quote.

On your blog, share your text graphic and underneath it, explain what it means to you.

This means a lot to me cause I look up to my dreams but I lose hope sometimes and sometimes quotes like this makes me have hope to do something. 



Activity 3: Concluding the Journey [6 points]

Sadly, the Summer Learning Journey has now come to an end. It is time to reflect on everything that you have learned this summer about people who have had an impact, or changed the world, in some way.


For this activity, please reflect on your experience with the Summer Learning Journey programme this year.

On your blog please tell us:

Which activity you enjoyed the most
Which activity you enjoyed the least
Three things that you learned while completing the programme
What changes/improvements you would make to the programme for next year


The Activity I enjoyed the most is Day 5,Week 3 and Activity 2. Because I got to talk about my favourite Video Game. 

I enjoyed every single activity but the activity that was hardest was probably Week 1//Day 4 Activity 2 because it took a lot of effort. 

I learned that Albert Einstein discovered the equation "E=mc2" and also Nelson Mandela slowed down the apartheid system. Lastly I learned about what a nanotechnologist is. 

Next Year I hope there's more sport activity's but soccer because I like soccer. An also I would like to be more Science questions.


8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Viliami,

    You did it! You completed all the activities. Ka pai! :)

    I'm glad you enjoyed working through the Summer Learning Journey. The activities are so much fun. I really enjoyed reading through your blog posts, and I still have more to read through which I'm looking forward to!

    Please keep rechecking your blogs - people will be leaving you comments and I'm sure they'd love to hear back from you. Also, commenting on others who have left questions or comments on your SLJ to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Viliami, Richie here again. Hope you and your family are having a wonderful holiday. Grate work on completing another summer learning journey. Grate to talk to you again. Have a wonderful rest of the holiday and make the most of it. Can't wait to see you and the other boys at school soon.

    Richie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Viliami!

    Congrats on completing the WHOLE Summer Learning Journey Program for 2019-2020! I'm so glad you made it this far into the program!

    On your 1st activity,I didn't catch the group name, but I really enjoyed reading about the those people! After reading your writing about them, I must say, they sound really amusing and they must be REALLY great dancers! Can you tell us the name of the group so I can have alook?

    Amazing work on this years Summer Learning Journey!

    Siosaia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora Viliami!

    First of all, congratulations on completing the Summer Learning Journey program! I hope you are having a fantastic holiday.

    Secondly, I can relate to activity 2. It's not easy staying hopeful but we'll get through it.

    Again, congratulations on finishing the SLJ!! I had a blast reading through your blog posts and am sorta sad that it's over. :(

    Happy holidays!!
    - Riiana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Viliami

    Congratulations on your dedication to the Summer Learning Journey. I have so enjoyed reading all your thoughtful blog posts.

    It is great that you have been encouraging your family to join you in keeping fit during the holidays.

    You are such a kind young man, I am sure that your food parcels were really appreciated by those people in your community who are in need.

    I am so proud of you Viliami. Enjoy the last few days of your holiday.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Viliami

    Congratulations on your dedication to the Summer Learning Journey. I have so enjoyed reading all your thoughtful blog posts.

    It is great that you have been encouraging your family to join you in keeping fit during the holidays.

    You are such a kind young man, I am sure that your food parcels were really appreciated by those people in your community who are in need.

    I am so proud of you Viliami. Enjoy the last few days of your holiday.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.