Pages

Tuesday 7 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey//Musos//Day 2//Week 4///

DAY 2: MUSOS


Activity 1: Getting Stronger [4 points]

Aaradhna is a Samoan-Indian singer from New Zealand. As a girl, Aaradhna sang traditional Samoan and country songs with her family, eventually joining the senior choir at her high school (Porirua College). She gained international recognition in 2004 when she paired up with Adeaze to release the song, “Getting Stronger.” The song went to number one on the New Zealand Singles Chart and it is still one of my all-time favourites, to this day!

Speaking of favourite songs, we would love to know who you listen to and what songs you like the most.

For this activity, please give us a list of your ‘Top 5’ favourite artists (singers or bands) and your ‘Top 5’ favourite songs. They can be from any time period and any genre (type) of music.

On your blog, post lists of your Top 5 Artists and your Top 5 Songs.







Activity 2: K-pop heroes [4 points]

BTS, or Bangtan Boys, is a seven member boy band from South Korea. They have sold over 15 million albums in South Korea, which make them the best selling artists in South Korea of all time. They have topped the music charts in the United States of America and around the world.

They began singing hip hop but now sing mostly K-Pop (Korean Pop). Most of their songs are sung in Korean - their first language.

BTS is famous for making great music videos and for singing about topics that many people can relate to - love, self-confidence, etc. They have a huge and very loyal fan base. Their fans are called the BTS A.R.M.Y.

For this activity, please watch this CBS Sunday Morning Special about BTS.

On your blog, tell us your opinion on BTS. Please don’t just say whether or not you like them, but tell us what it is that you like (or don’t like) about them.

I don't really know it's either "Panic At The Disco" or "Bangtan Boys" but I just go ahead and tell you guys about them both. 

BTS what I like about them is how passionate they are when performing most people would struggle to preform like that in such passion. They turned Pop Music into their culture music and also a lot of people like it including me. They are as good as a band could get at Choreography.

Panic At The Disco it's a band with one of my favourite songs "Death Of A Bachelor". What I like about there band is their music the singing is amazing which is obvious because the singer i "Brendon Urie" One of my Favourite Idols. What I also like about there music is how much spirit is in it like the "Bangtan Boys" They put alot of effort and spirit in their music. 


Activity 3: Girl Power [6 points]

Jessica Mauboy is an Aboriginal Australian singer. She rose to fame when she was runner-up in the 2006 Australian Idol, and has gone on to record a number of very successful songs. She is a role model for both girls, and indigenous Australians as she has been so successful in her music and acting career.

Dame Kiri Te Kanawa is an opera singer from Aotearoa/New Zealand. She became one of the best sopranos (a female singer with a high voice) in the world. Dame Kiri Te Kanawa is Māori, however she was adopted when she was a baby and very little is known about her birth family.

For young singers, both of these women can serve as role models - people who have faced challenges and overcome them in order to achieve their dreams of becoming professional singers.

For this activity, we would like to choose one role model and tell us about them. What makes them a role model? They can be people you know personally, people you have seen on television or the internet, people you have heard on the radio or people you have heard about from a friend of family member. You do not have to know them personally.

On your blog, tell us about your chosen role model. Please be sure to tell us why you think they are a role model.

So My Role Model is "Billie Eilish" She is one of the people I look up to because lets say she posted up a song or something and she liked but no one else did then she wouldn't delete  it cause she likes it so she doesn't really care about what others think. She's also my Role Model because her music is amazing her voice as well I also can tell whoever voice is Billie Eilish with my Eyes Blindfolded. Her type of music is the type I like a lot.  One day I hope I would meet her.  



6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Viliami

    Firstly I want to say CONGRATULATIONS for finishing this years' SLJ programme!! I remember that originally I had the wrong blog address for you and didn't even notice that you were completing so much in the background! It was your teacher that emailed me asking if we had you down on our registration list and when I went to check I was really surprised to see SO many activities completed!! She said that you had been trying really hard with your blog page and I'm just so proud of you for continuing and for reaching the end!

    I really love your blog post, mainly because you mention Billie Eilish. Before I knew about her I just assumed that she was just another pop singer - but then I saw her on a show called 'Hot Ones' - have you seen that? It's where contestants (usually celebrities) are invited on to an interview panel to eat 10 hot chicken wings (or in Billies case, tofu wings) doused with 10 different hot sauces: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDr4ITrp7YI

    I also just watched her in Carpool Kareoke with James Corden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh2qGWfmESk (you should definitely check that out).

    She's a great role model and I'm super happy that she's one you've picked. I hope that you get to meet her too. I worked at a festival in Australia where she was playing - I wish that I had been more of a fan then and maybe I actually could have met her.

    Keep commenting on other learners' SLJ related blog posts to earn more points and increase your chances of winning that awesome prize!!

    Ngā mihi nui
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Viliami!

    Congrats on completing another Summer Learning Journey Day! On your 3rd activity, I also really agree that Billie Eilish is a REALLY good rolemodel to others and She show's other people that they don't have to listen to other people to fit in. And I also agree that her music is REAAALLYY great!! I hope one day i'll get to meet her too! What's you favourite Billie Eilish song?

    Keep up the great work!

    Siosaia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Viliami!

    I will be commenting on activity 1.

    I'm a fan of P!ATD as well!! Death of a Bachelor is such a bop! My friend and I would listen to that song nonstop and continously sing it throughout the school day. Death of a Bachelor is my favourite album from P!ATD! What is your favourite album from P!ATD, if you have one?

    Can't wait to hear from you,
    Riiana

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACTIVITY 1 - Hey there Viliami, Richie here again. Grate work on completing another summer learning journey activity. Some of the singers and some of the song are listen too. I really enjoy your work. Keep it up.

    Richie

    ReplyDelete
  5. ACTIVITY 2 - Hey there again, Richie here great work on completing another summer learning journey activity. Keep it up. The information that you gave to your readers is amazing. Good on you! Keep it up !

    YOUR BOII

    Richie

    ReplyDelete
  6. ACTIVITY 3 - Hey there friend, Richie here again. Hope you are having a wonderful holiday. Great work on completing another summer learning journey activity. Well done. Billie Eilish is a really great person in GENERAL and is also an amazing singer.

    Richie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.